Monday, January 21, 2008

How I kicked a COLD in the butt in less than 2 days.....

OK, so I assume we've all caught a cold virus or 2 in our lives. This past Friday I woke up with that "oh my gosh, it can't be a cold" ... nose running, eyes burning, a little scratch in the throat. OH GREAT! I immediately decided to cancel my morning clients, and began to take action. I took 2 doses of Echinacea right away. I also swished Olive Oil in my mouth for 3 minutes to draw some toxins up into my saliva...then discard. I sqeezed a large fresh grapefruit into juice. I ate some warm Brown Rice Cereal. I dosed up on Vitamin C substantially ... probably about 6,000 mg. or more throughout the day. About midday I went to Walgreens and got Cold-eez, a product I truly believe makes a huge difference in our ability to fight the virus. I made sure I took in some soup, and at least one cup of kombucha green tea. I layed in the sun for about an hour, to help my body produce Vitamin D (fortunately it was a decent enough day for me to get in the sun...I would recommend a tanning bed as an alternative). I kept a hat on my head the entire day in my house...silly as this may seem, I truly believe this helped my body retain a warmer environment - remember....we lose about 50% of our body heat through the top of our head. I continued to dose on Echinacea and Cold-eez. I went to bed very early! I had scheduled 3 clients to train Saturday morning for bootcamp OUTSIDE. I woke feeling far different, more head stuffy, but no sore throat. Some sneezing, but not too bad. I repeated my morning with Olive Oil first, then Grapefruit juice, and hot Brown Rice Cereal. Again, I kept a hat or wide headband on my head all day. Bootcamp went fine, and I got a little more stuffy in the afternoon. I again made sure I had some soup, took Cold-eez about 4 times, Echinacea about 3 times and stayed home. By evening, the symptoms had faded considerably. Sunday morning arrives, and I felt absolutely amazing! I could not believe I woke up feeling so great. In summary ... take heed to your body, when it is calling out for help, STOP and listen to it. It will serve you right and put you back at 100% in amazing time!

No comments: