Thursday, January 17, 2008

Follow up to meeting with Jen Hendershott






Met with Jen Hendershott in Phoenix on January 11, at Gold's Gym. It's always great to work with an inspirational athlete like Jen, and get a feel for her incredible talent in person. We reviewed and tweeked the choreography notes, displayed a few skills, and she sent me home with several of her Olympia dvd's to study for the evening. I returned the next day, and took a little time to watch some of her "Phat Camp" teachings. It is impressive to watch her in "teaching" mode, she puts her ladies through some intense training. This is a camp NOT for the weary or delicate.....she truly puts you to work! Check out her Phat Camp schedule at: http://www.getphatwithjen.com/ - she tours a LOT of cities in the upcoming weeks, and even steps into Australia later in the spring. And in the meantime, this crazy girl is getting ready for the Arnold Classic, in Columbus Ohio (Feb. 29) .... I wish her absolutely the best in this years performance!

So I now have a dvd of my routine, carefully mapped out by Jen's assistant Lishia Dean. I plan to watch and study this dvd most every day, and practice 2-3 times a week in some way, shape or form! I know I've got to improve my skills for this performance! Here are a few pictures from our meeting.

No comments: