Sunday, March 23, 2008

Top Ten Food List

I recently ran across a most interesting TOP TEN FOOD LIST that I'll share here. I'm trying to incorporate many of these foods into my regimen. If any of you wonder what the heck Purslane is, or a Goji Berry, I'm providing links to help educate. I admit, I did NOT know either one of these items, but have become fascinated with their value.

1. PURSLANE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claytonia_perfoliata
2. BEETS (preferably juiced raw...this is most nutritious).
3. CABBAGE (I love it cooked or raw).
4. GUAVA NECTAR (have not found this product yet).
5. SWISS CHARD (OR RAINBOW CHARD) I've tried a couple of interesting recipes.
6. CINNAMON (1/4 TSP. A DAY) I do this on my oatmeal.
7. POMEGRANATE JUICE (PURE) (kind of expensive, but worth it).
8. GOJI BERRIES OR EXTRACT - I love this stuff, here is a link for the one I am currently using: http://www.vitacost.com/Dynamic-Health-Goji-Gold
9. PRUNES (love 'em)!
10.PUMPKIN (I've just ordered some seeds to snack on).

No comments: